Buying A Home? These Apps Can Help!
If you’re like us, you have a mini computer in your hands multiple times a day. That little computer is really your phone, whether it’s an iPhone (or iPad), a Droid or a phone on another platform, it is now a part of your life. Every day new technology is introduced and is even more impressive by offering you new tools, products and apps that truly have a place in your daily life. It can be exciting, exhausting, and sometimes frustrating trying to find the ones that will benefit you.
As a homebuyer, it’s just as overwhelming to narrow down all the choices of homes for sale out there. With that in mind, we’ve made our real estate website tech and mobile friendly in the hope that you will find the results you need in your search, however, when it comes to buying a home, some of these apps may benefit you as well.
Many apps are offered free of charge. They may request your location information in order to produce the results you desire at that moment so don’t be put off by that. If you want more specific information or ideas on specialized apps for your tech devices, please give us a call so we can brainstorm on how we can help meet your real estate needs. In the meantime, though, check these out!
Not sure where you want to live?
- Nabewise Get to know neighborhoods in-depth, complete with pictures, reviews and ratings ond rankings on the things you care most about.
- GreatSchools Get to know local school options and read reviews by staff and parents of children attending the schools. Schools are also scored based on scores and ratings.
- Yelp Find the best restaurants, shopping, and entertainment in the area you are researching directly from the people who live there. A true “insider’s view.”
Trying to keep track of everything?
- Evernote Keep track of your buying process, including the information on homes you have seen, complete with your personal notes!
Want to compare?
- House Hunter This tool allows you to set priorities on your wants and needs and match them to homes you are considering with the feature list and also has a mortgage calculator built in.
- Trulia – Easy to use and even includes a help button! Depending on your mobile device, you can check and compare listings and even search by feature using your voice.
Looking for actual numbers?
- Zillow Zestimates and make me move allow you to get an idea of what homes cost on any street and even permit you to make offers to home owners who do not have their property for sale.
- Realtor.com Get stats on new homes, sold homes, and homes for sale easily and quickly, including price changes in any neighborhood.