School ended last week and summer is finally here, if you don’t look at the weather, that is. It’s time for the free summer concerts being held around our area. They start this week so be sure to write these down on your calendar, so you don’t forget to have some fun.
Foster City’s 2009 Concert Schedule will be on Friday nights between 7 and 9 PM at Leo Ryan Park, East Hillsdale Blvd & Shell Blvd. Parking is free, bring a blanket and picnic basket for dinner and enjoy!
- July 10: Cocktail Monkeys – Pop/Rock Hits
- July 17: The Refugees – Tom Petty Tribute
- July 24: Shane Dwight Band – Blues/Rock
- July 31: Unauthorized Rolling Stones – Tribute
- August 7: Nathan Owens – Motown/Soul
- August 14: City Rocks – 60s-80s Rock Cover
San Mateo’s 2009 Concert Schedule will be Thursday nights between 6 and 8 PM at Central Park downtown San Mateo, 5th Avenue and Laurel. Bring your picnic basket, a blanket and swing to the music for free.
- June 18: Double Funk Crunch – Disco and 80s
- June 25: The Kaye Bohler Band – Blues
- July 2: California Cowboys – Country
- July 9: The Refugees – Tom Petty Tribute
- July 16: Mark Russo and the Classy Cats – Jazz, Swing, Latin
- July 23: Kaweh – Latin
- July 30: Molly’s Revenge – Celtic
- August 6: Sila and the Afrofunk Experience – Afrobeat & Afrofunk
Burlingame’s 2009 Concert Schedule will be Sunday afternoons in July between 1 and 3 PM. Come to Washington Park and enjoy free music while you picnic on BBQ food available for purchase, or bring your own basket of goodies to enjoy. Don’t forget that blanket to sit on.
- July 5: Cocktail Monkeys – Pop/Rock Hits
- July 12: Big Rain – Country/Funk/Blues
- July 19: Cash Tribute – Rock ‘n Roll, Blues, Country
- July 26: The Sun Kings – Beatles Tribute Band
Belmont’s 2009 Concert Schedule will also be on Sunday afternoons between 1 and 4 PM in Twin Pines Park Meadow. Picnic baskets, blankets and free entertainment make perfect summer afternoons!
- June 21: Blue – Rhythm & Blues
- June 28: Gator Beat – Cajun-Zydeco-New Orleans R&B
- July 5: Stompy Jones – Jumpin’ Jazz and Swing
- July 12: Colony Street Band – Classic Rock
All of the concerts are free and family friendly, too. If you’re on a tight budget here’s a great way to get some good entertainment by local bands, enjoy music, dance your heart out and support your local town.